How to Get Top Dollar For Your Florida Home
Are you thinking about putting your Destin or 30A Florida home on the market, but afraid you might have to sell it for less than top dollar? Here are a few tips to help you sell it at the highest price possible when you list your home.
1. Update or replace any old-fashioned or out-dated elements of your home. If you have older appliances, replace them with newer, updated appliances. The newer the appliances, the higher the asking price. Also, if you have old wallpaper or run-down looking carpet, replace it! When people are looking at buying a NEW home, they want the home to look NEW when they buy it. The less renovations the new owners have to do, the higher the asking price. Make sure everything is freshly painted and repaired. You don’t want to show a home with broken items and issues in every corner. The new buyer will look closely. So, the more you do to update your home, the better chance you have at selling it, and fast! Also, make sure the house is clean! This doesn’t just mean mopping and dusting. This also means get rid of any clutter in the home. Remember, less is more when selling a home.
2. Find some way to grab the buyers’ attention when they first walk in the door. Make sure the foyer is clean, up-to-date, and attention grabbing. You want the buyers to have a great first impression of your home. You know what they say…first impressions are everything! If the buyer is not wowed, or worse, immediately displeased when they first walk in the door, their interest fades quickly.
3. Keep their attention once they have started looking around. If there are unique features about the home that you know buyers will enjoy, accent these features. Draw the buyers’ eyes so they will linger longer. The longer buyers linger, the more likely they are to start picturing themselves living in the home.
4. The curb-appeal of a home is also extremely important. The outside of your home is the first impression the buyer gets on the home altogether. If the lawn is not taken care of or paint is chipping on the home, the buyer will be immediately turned off to the home.
5. Last, but not least is location. Location is extremely important to buyers, especially if they have children. If your home is close to schools, churches, and is located inside a great neighborhood, you can sell your home at top dollar! Sell the location of the home just as much as the actual home itself.